Weekend Plans

Don’t stay in just because Mayfest and Block Party are next weekend

Anna Henderson | Digital Design Editor

“August: Osage County” play

Three sisters are brought together after the death of their father in Tracy Letts’ Tony Award-winning play. Set in Oklahoma, “August: Osage County” tells a comedic-dramatic story of family secrets and mystery. The show is produced by What Theatre, a student-run theater group at SU.
When: Thursday and Friday at 7 p.m.
Where: Schine Underground
Cost: $3

Micro Music Fest

Head to the Movie Tavern to listen to artist Kimberly Rossi, who will be performing along with a guest, and then the audience is welcome to perform as well. Food and drinks will be available for purchase.
When: Thursday at 7 p.m.
Where: Movie Tavern, 180 Township Blvd, Camillus
Cost: Free

Feel Good Friday Yoga

Students are invited to release final exam-induced stress through yoga. Open to individuals of all fitness levels, this class will strengthen both your body and mind and is easy to fit into a busy schedule.
When: Friday 12:15 – 12:45 p.m.
Where: Skybarn, Syracuse University
Cost: Free

Gov’t Mule concert

In celebration of its 10th album “Revolution Come…Revolution Go,” Gov’t Mule will bring its rock, blues, soul and jazz music to the Landmark Theatre this weekend. Recording for the album began on Election Day 2016 and showcases the band’s lyrical commentary about the nation’s politically-divided climate.
When: Friday at 7:30 p.m.
Where: Landmark Theatre, 362 S. Salina Street
Cost: $32-$43

landmarktheater_jacobgreenfeld_ap

Max Creek concert

Founded in 1971, Max Creek has performed rock, country, jazz, reggae, calypso and more for over four decades. The band is bringing its diverse music styles to the Westcott this weekend, where it will play a mix of original songs and covers.
When: Friday at 7 p.m.
Where: The Westcott Theater, 524 Westcott St.
Cost: $20

Outside Westcott

Grocery Bingo

For students whose pantries are running dry, Orange After Dark will host a competition for free food. Attendees will compete in several rounds of bingo for bags of snacks.
When: Friday at 10 p.m.
Where: Schine Student Center room 304
Cost: free

schine_kiranramsey

Just Joe Concert

Get into the swing of the weekend by enjoying the musical talent of Joe Altier, also known as Just Joe. The upstate New York born and raised musician plays a combination of heavy metal, rock, classical and country music. One of his albums, “Birth of a Conspiracy” won a Syracuse Area Music Award for Best Rock Album in 2014.
When: Saturday at 8 p.m.
Where: Margaritaville, Destiny USA, 9090 Destiny USA Drive
Cost: Free

09162012_n_destinyusa_zixihugh137

Trivia Night

Calling all Jeopardy fans: Orange After Dark’s Trivia Night features an evening of competition and prizes. Trivia questions will be from a wide array of knowledge, and the top three teams will earn prizes.
When: Saturday at 10 p.m.
Where: Schine Student Center room 304
Cost: Free

14-3