screen time column

An update on the ‘Jersey Shore’ cast in time for the new season premiere

Courtesy of MTV

The reality show “Jersey Shore” last aired in 2012, but the new season, “Jersey Shore: Family Vacation,” premieres Thursday.

Our favorite roomies are back! It’s been almost a decade since we first met the guidos and guidettes of MTV’s reality show “Jersey Shore.” The last time the gang was all together was in 2012 with the sixth — and what fans thought was the last — season of the show.

That all changes Thursday, with the premiere of “Jersey Shore Family Vacation” at 8 p.m. on MTV.

The show first aired in 2009, and when we left off in 2012, Snooki was pregnant, Mike “The Situation” was becoming sober, and Ronnie and Sammi were leaving the house all together. Fast forward six years and there’s no doubt that life has changed for the cast, so let’s dive into what they’ve all been up to.

Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi

Since the show went off the air, Snooki has had two children, Lorenzo and Giovanna, and has married her boyfriend, Jionni LaValle. On top of starting a family, she has expanded her businesses. After the tanning lotion and slipper lines came an online clothing boutique for women of all shapes, called The Snooki Shop, and an Etsy shop filled with jewelry, crafts and gifts. There’s no doubt that the former party girl has found her niche as a mom, wife and businesswoman.

Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino

As per the last season, Mike has become sober. Besides his sobriety, the only other thing that The Situation has been in the news for is pleading guilty for tax fraud. So, Mike found himself in quite the situation. No pun intended.

DJ Pauly D

Not much has changed for Pauly, except for the fact that his DJ career has blown up. With gigs in Las Vegas, there’s no doubt that the reality show jumpstarted his career as a DJ. Pauly also appeared on the reality show “Famously Single,” where he met former Danity Kane member Aubrey O’Day. The two dated and split in 2017 after a year and a half. Pauly D has not been romantically linked to anyone else since.

Vinny Guadagnino

Since the show ended, Vinny started another TV show with his mother, Paola. “Vinny and Ma Eat America” features the mother-son duo road tripping through the United States and expanding his mother’s taste palate, considering she’s partial to Italian food. Besides his Cooking Channel show, Vin hasn’t publicly been up to much more.

Jenni “JWoww” Farley

Since filming, JWoww has followed the same path as Snooki. She married her former “Jersey Shore” boyfriend Roger Mathews, and the two have a daughter, Meilani, and a son, Greyson. Jenni sells a tanning lotion line and runs an entertainment blog titled “Miss Domesticated.” Jenni has her hands filled when it comes to mommy duties and work.

Another thing worth noting is that Jenni and Nicole have a YouTube reality show titled “Moms With Attitude.” Oh, and did I mention that their daughters are BFFs? JWoww and Snooki are still friendship goals.

Deena Cortese

One of our favorite meatballs has finally found love. Following suit of the other girls, Deena is happily married. She tied the knot with Chris Buckner in October 2017. As per her Instagram page, the two seem to be a match made in heaven, living comfortably with their Yorkie, Cali.

Ronnie Ortiz-Magro

After leaving the shore, Ronnie and Sam quickly broke up, which was definitely premeditated given their history. Since then, Ronnie has a new girlfriend named Jen Harley, and the two welcomed a little girl on Tuesday. So just like the girls in the Shore house, it seems as though Ronnie is settling down as well. Needless to say, I cannot wait to see what kind of a father Ron will be to his little girl.

With the roomies living their best lives, I’m excited to see what shenanigans the crew is up to now as they head to Miami. Catch the action with the premiere of “Jersey Shore: Family Vacation” on Thursday on MTV.

Kassidy Cooper is a junior television, radio and film major with a minor in drama. Her column appears biweekly in Pulp. She can be reached at kcoop100@syr.edu