Former Syracuse forward Alyssa Latham transfers to Tennessee

Joe Zhao | Asst. Photo Editor

Alyssa Latham averaged 8.6 points and seven rebounds per game while earning an ACC All-Freshman team selection.

Former Syracuse forward Alyssa Latham has committed to Tennessee, she announced on social media. Latham spent one season with the Orange before entering the portal on April 3.

Latham came to Syracuse as the No. 73 ranked player in the 2023 class according to ESPN. As a freshman, the forward started 26 games and appeared in all 32 of SU’s contests. Latham averaged 8.6 points and seven rebounds per game while shooting 46% from the field. Her performances earned her an Atlantic Coast Conference All-Freshman Team selection, becoming the first SU player to accomplish the feat since Kamilla Cardoso in 2021.

Throughout her first and only campaign with the Orange, Latham flashed her potential on several occasions. On Nov. 30 against Alabama, Latham scored a career-high 23 points on 9-for-10 shooting from the field and playing all 40 minutes. She also registered 21 points against Notre Dame on Dec. 31, helping the Orange upset the Fighting Irish.

Four Syracuse players entered the transfer portal following the season, but Latham is the first to find a new destination. Latham joins first-year head coach Kim Caldwell’s roster in Knoxville. Caldwell was hired by Tennessee on April 7 after one season at Marshall.